5.25.2012

Weather Blues

I know I should have been focusing on the wonderful green that all this rain is bringing on... I should have been thankful that we were getting some much needed water as things were so, so dry.  Just take a look at how much rain we got over the last 5 days:

Trees are really coming out!
But terribly muddy garden goes unplanted...

Pool is really full!

But so full the skimmer cannot work properly...

Low spots in yard are starting their own little mosquito swamps.

No way to get out of the vehicles and into the house without soaking your shoes.

Good thing the horses have moved to a pasture with higher ground now.






 And now today, finally, the sun is out and I am whining because the wind is blowing about 90 mph, out of the north, with tons of clouds, taking all possibility of warmth right out of the 50 degree air. We are not going to see even 70 degrees (according to weather.com) for 10 days... sigh...
Well at least I can get some laundry on the line today.  I have refused to wash any more towels and bedding until I can hang them out, so by golly, I have plenty to do today.  Guess I will bundle up in my hoodie, jeans, SOCKS AND SHOES (what?!) and get at it.

But first I will leave a little a picture for Mongoose :)
Take a look at the Moon flower!  Yes this is the first actual FLOWER we have ever gotten from a Moon flower plant, and the seeds came from  my cyberfriend Mongoose.  This is one of many we have going out in the greenhouse.  The Old Guy brought it in last week to show me that it got a little sun scald, even in the greenhouse, and two days later a beautiful blossom appeared to cheer the dreary, dark day.
And I promise you dear friend, it is on my summer plans list to learn more about this great camera so I can move beyond point and shoot to some photos of better quality!


1 comment:

Mongoose said...

Yay! Moonflower!! I hope you named it after me. :)