5.22.2012

Three Little Pigs

These little porkers came to live here 10 days ago :)  The old guy and a couple of the kids drove for about 2 hours with three little pigs in an extra large dog kennel in the back of the suburban.  Apparently there are few things that beat the smell of fresh swine poop in these close quarters... I wouldn't know, thankfully ;)
I am going to try to get a picture up every week to sort of track how fast they grow.  They were approximately 45# a piece when they came and will weigh in around 200# in October at butchering time!
The kids wanted to call them cute things like "Babe" "Wilbur" and "Gordy."  But I overruled because I like my names better:  "Pork Chop" "Ham Bone" and "Sausage Patty" :D




2 comments:

Marge said...

Love your names for the little fellows! Looks like some good eating coming up!

Mongoose said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee! They're so cute!!!

I still read your blog, just too rushed to comment most days. But you can just assume my comment most times is "wow! Your kids are beautiful! Congratulations!" That's pretty much my reaction to everything... except the broken Kindle, I guess.

Love you!